We have launched "STEPS TO SUCCESS" academy in our Spa.
We want the best of the best and to reward them for hard work and quality performance with amazing training and excellent pay.
So why not apply and see what amazing benefits you can get from working with us.
We offer excellent rates of pay, the best in the area!!! With built in commission on treatments and retail plus staff perks along the way to show how much we appreciate the hard work you do for us.
Each Spa employee plays a part in delivering the guest experience which is why we believe it is important to invest in our employees. Join us and have the benefit of working for a company that invests in its own Gaia Spa range and works closely with ESPA to provide on the job training to build your expertise and knowledge.
During your time with us, you can visit our Spa @ Fistral, work alongside other therapists at Boringdon, meet other therapists @ Fistral and discuss best practice building your abilities as part of the deal. It is all about our investment in you and developing you to be the best Spa Therapist.
Our customers have high expectations that must be exceeded, we expect all our employees to be customer focused, creating a relaxed, fun environment for everyone to enjoy, whilst maintaining high standards of professionalism.
Key Attributes needed for this role:
• Immaculate personal presentation and standards
• Attention to detail and the ability to forward think
• Strong Team Player
• Can remain calm under pressure and smile even in the toughest situations
• You're ambitious and would like to see yourself climbing the ladder within a company that recognises people as their greatest asset.
As a valued team member you will receive:
• Complimentary meals whilst on duty
• Discounted rates within the company
Our hotels are open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Your shift pattern will vary from week to week, covering morning and evening shifts.
Skilfully designed, the intimate sanctuary is inspired by the surrounding majestic moorland of rugged Dartmoor. The destination spa in Devon hosts twelve first-class treatment spaces, including two double rooms and a beauty suite, each boasting an array of natural finishes. It also features:
• 14m indoor swimming pool
• Five diverse heat experiences
• Two rejuvenating shower experiences
• An intimate spatisserie dining space
• Beautifully-landscaped open-air spa environments
• An exclusive menu of globally-inspired remedies and treatment journeys
• Exquisitely crafted treatment spaces 10 single, 2 double
• State-of-the-art fitness suite
• Beauty suite
• Retail boutique
• Superior private changing areas (separate spa and gym facilities)
• Relaxation and meditation space
ABOUT GAIA - OUR PHILOSOPHY
According to ancient Greek scriptures, nature's creator Gaia is the Goddess of the Earth; she guides and nourishes us, promoting development and growth. With the increasing stresses and strains of our lives today, it is important that we continue to embrace the life-enriching ethos of Gaia, taking time to re-balance and realign. Gaia Spa combines ancient wellness traditions from around the world with the refinement and skills of modern therapies.
The result is an innovative and personalised spa experience that renews, supports, sustains and nurtures. Leading the way in a spa revolution, the flagship Gaia Spa retreat, treatment menu and product range has just been unveiled exclusively at Boringdon Hall. The destination spa retreat on the edge of Dartmoor boasts over 1,600sqm of immersive relaxation.
We will require you to be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including over holiday periods. Holiday will not be permitted over the Christmas and New Year Period.
When applying for the above role please add a cover letter with a brief description about yourself and why we should hire you.
Responsibilities and Duties
• To carry out face and body treatments as well as provide make-up, manicure/pedicure and waxing services to the highest standard
• To deliver a level of service which exceeds all guest expectations by completing all treatments in a consistently thorough manner and in the time allocated
• To treat all guests with individual care and attention
• To adapt treatments in any way necessary in order to accommodate every guest need and provide wellness for all
• To interact with guests at all points in their spa journey in a professional, polite and friendly manner
• To promote and sell the services of the spa and salon, and maximise the potential of all sales
• To recommend products and give suitable aftercare/homecare advice in the best interest of each guest
• To consistently deliver on retail targets as reasonably expected
• To ensure treatment rooms and all public areas are kept clean and tidy according to the spa check list
• To maintain health and safety standards to a five star level of cleanliness
• To undertake an initial period of training and participate in on-going training programs thereafter for continued professional development
• To ensure all complaints are minimised and handled professionally as in accordance with hotel policy
• To assist with cover in reception and other areas of the spa where needed
• To take/amend bookings on the EZ Runner system from time to time
• All other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Trained to NVQ Level 3
• Experience of ESPA or working with an own brand would be an advantage
• Experience of working with EZ-Runner would be an advantage
TRAINING AND PROGRESSION
Gaia Spa offer an enviable training programme, which allows you to take your career as far as you want. You will undertake both ESPA and Gaia Essentials training with the incentive of going on to complete ESPA and Gaia Advanced training. We offer incremental pay increases to reflect your expanding skill-set. We also offer full training in Jessica nails, Mii make-up and brows, Moroccan Tan tanning and Outback Organics waxing.
Gaia Spa is set within the grounds of Boringdon Hall, Devon - a Grade I listed 16th century country manor house hotel, on the edge of Dartmoor, near Plymouth. Named Condé Nast Johansen's Best Destination Spa in the UK & Ireland 2018.
Gaia Spa promotes your personal natural wellbeing in an environment designed to transcend the stresses of the modern day routine.
Creating spaces where you find yourself naturally relaxed, Gaia Spa facilities and therapies will provide the opportunity to nourish mind, body and spirit, resulting in a balance between the individual and the wider world we live in.