The Belmond Royal Scotsman and its on-board Bamford Spa are looking for a skilled Head Therapist to join the team.
The role will involve supporting and driving the therapist team as well as working on a one-to-one basis with our guests to deliver exceptional holistic body and facial treatments. Maintaining standards and representing the brand at the highest level.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Carry out all the Bamford Treatments to the highest standard and to the trained protocol.
• To support and work closely with the Spa Manager to ensure the day to day running of the Spa is efficient and revenue generating.
• To ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards are maintained and checked daily as per the Brand operating guidelines.
• To ensure your daily responsibilities are completed and co-operation with your team is evident at all times.
• To actively promote the Bamford brand and products to all guests, encouraging re-bookings and retail sales.
• To ensure all Guests, Colleagues and physical product are treated with respect at all times.
• To ensure any Customer request, outside your area of expertise, is raised immediately to the appropriate level and followed up.
• To work within all company policies with specific reference to the Health and Safety at Work Act
• Minimum NVQ 3 qualified or equivalent.
• 4+ years’ experience in a 5 star Spa environment.
• Clear conversational and written in the English language.
• Motivated, flexible and a driven attitude.
• Impeccable grooming.
• Attention to detail.
Who are we?
Ranking among the world’s most luxurious trains, our mahogany-clad cars marry Edwardian elegance with the comforts of a country house. Ten intricately designed carriages, including the sublime Bamford Spa, form a palace on wheels.
Lined with rich marquetry, each one of our guest rooms features plush beds fitted with soft Scottish wools and tartans. An elegant dressing table and en suite add to the indulgence.
Travelling through sky-high peaks and dramatic valleys, dining aboard Belmond Royal Scotsman is one of the world’s most unique dining experiences. Served in our mahogany-panelled dining cars, each meal celebrates exceptional Scottish produce. A selection of fine wines, liqueurs and malt whiskies are an ideal accompaniment.
We aim to provide our guests with one of the most luxurious and memorable holiday experiences offered anywhere in the world.
Who are you?
You will have impeccable presentation, be adaptable, naturally charming, a team player and possess the ability to maintain exemplary standards under challenging conditions.
You will also have eligibility to work in the UK, and ideally have previous experience in a country house hotel or other luxurious environments.
What’s the Scope?
This is a seasonal contract and candidates will need to be available until the end of October 2019.
Our journeys range in length from 2 nights up to 7 nights and you would be based on and living on board the train during your working time. All shifts start and finish at Edinburgh Waverley Station, which allows for commuting from varying distances.
In addition to a living wage, we provide on-board accommodation, uniforms, and meals on duty. Belmond provide a wide range of company benefits, including reduced rate overnight stays many of Scotland’s finest hotels and complimentary stays in other Belmond properties (Based on availability).
Embark on a Grand Highland Fling
At once leisurely and luxurious, intimate and eye-opening, step aboard and rekindle the romance of travel
Riding Belmond Royal Scotsman is one of those pinch-me moments. Ranking among the world’s most luxurious trains, our mahogany-clad cars marry Edwardian elegance with the comforts of a country house. Ten intricately designed carriages, including the sublime Bamford Spa, form a palace on wheels.