About the role...
Deep at the heart of the hotel lies the entrance to another world. A world of balance, pampering and wellbeing, where the emphasis is on delivering flawless Spa experiences. Our Spa team really love what they do; full of energy and enthusiasm, they have a genuine desire to deliver the very best treatments.
The spellbinding natural beauty surrounding The Headland Spa starts to work its magic as soon as our guests arrive. As the Spa Manager your aim will be to continually surpass expectations, to lead and inspire the team to deliver outstanding comfort and seamless attention to detail to every guest, every time!
Sharing your passion and knowledge you will develop and manage a dedicated Spa team, encouraging personal progression and training opportunities. As the Spa Manager, you will contribute to budget management, stock control and monitoring as well as reporting on the Spa’s financial performance, to include: treatments, retail and food & beverage.
Our ideal candidate...
o Will be professional, knowledgeable and committed to delivering 5* experiences. You will have progressed from a therapist background into a Management role and hold an NVQ Level 2 & 3 qualification.
o Must be highly attentive, intuitive with strong communication and interpersonal skills and be confident at building relationships with Spa members and Hotel guests alike. Experience working with our current product houses (OPI, Elemis, Delilah & Natural Spa Factory) would be an advantage.
o Ensures an exemplary service is delivered to a five-bubble rated spa.
o Can contribute to and ensure the Spa budget is successfully delivered.
o Will be able to achieve excellent results in assessments by the Good Spa Guide, Mystery Shopper Programme and other such awarding bodies.
o Can make good use of management time through delegation, prioritising and organisation.
o Ensures recruitment, induction, training and appraisal procedures are operated efficiently and effectively.
o Must be competent to motivate, inspire, coach and support the team to improve and develop to their full potential.
o Can implement a professional plan for communications to include team meetings, formal and informal feedback.
o Ensures treatments are being delivered to the protocols set by both product houses and those created in house.
• External training partners.
• Workshops and masterclasses.
• Professional coaching and mentoring.
• Online learning platform (Flow).
• 95 Hotel rooms, 39 Self-Catering Cottages, Spa, Gym, Restaurants and our stunning new Aqua Club (coming Spring 2020), there are always opportunities for progression and promotions at all levels; we have many success stories to share!
• Family and friends special discounted rates.
• Complimentary gym and swim membership.
• Discounted SUP and surf lessons with Surf Sanctuary.
• 28 days holiday which increases with every year of service up to 33 days.
• Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action.
• Annual summer party and awards evening in January, plus quarterly tea parties.
• Free wholesome meals from our Samphire Kitchen team with a variety of choice every day.
• Free car parking.
Privately owned for four decades, the iconic Headland Hotel & Spa is in a world class location on the North coast of Cornwall and attracts a wide range of interesting business all year round.
We are excited about the completion of our brand-new, multi-million pound Aqua Club opening Spring 2020.